Okay, so I learned from last year not to wait until the last minute, which for some reason doesn't seem to work around the holiday season. Anyhow, I'm proud to say that I'm actually finished with my, I mean, my son's Valentine's Day cards. Whoo-hoo! Very similar to last year's design, I wanted to integrate the lollipop in the card, rather than just attaching it.
Here's what I did:
1. Took a photo of my son making a fist. This took a little longer than usual, since he was full of a variety faces and poses. Plus, sometimes he would put his fist smack in the middle of his face, which wouldn't work since he was covering most of his face. I guess he was a bit sassy that day. I also snatched a lollipop from the candy stash before my son could get to it.
2. Printed the photo and glued it to a piece of cardstock for stability.
3. Cut two small slits on both sides of his fist with an X-Acto knife.
4. Carefully inserted the lollipop into the card.
5. Stepped back and let out a sigh of relief. I'm actually early for a holiday. The planets must be aligned.
Here's a side-by-side of my son's card this year and his card from last year.
Now it's your turn. Go try it and tell me how you did! Now go!